Prompt: Write a 'Dear John' letter, breaking up with your high school sweetheart who's in the army
December 19th 2061
Dear John,
I miss you. I know it's only been a month, but I miss you. Come back to me soon.
Are you taking care of yourself? How is it over there? Remember to eat well. You need food to have the strength to fight.
Things are okay at home. Work is busy; we just got a huge contract in from some people in Australia. I can barely focus though. I keep thinking of you.
Do you get your own room? Or just a bunk?
Is it safe? Please be safe.
My heart is always with yours. I love you forever.
xoxoxo
Corrine
March 3rd 2062
Dearest John,
what's keeping you guys? I thought you'd be back, at least on leave, by now. I miss you so much it hurts.
Must be busy there. Your letter was so short last time.
Are you beating lots of bad guys? We don't get much on the news here. I wish I could at least call you. I miss your voice. Tell me you love me. I'm forgetting what that sounds like.
I'm being active while you're not here. Took up yoga again, and signed up for some kick boxing classes. It gets the frustrations out.
I miss cooking for us.
Come back soon.
Love always,
Corrine
July 14th 2062
Dear John,
I'm in Australia. It's stupidly cold here for July. Hemispheres are stupid.
It's been more than half a year since I've seen you. Is your beard growing out?
Our contract's going well. I'm getting a promotion and my own secretary. Woo!
I wish you were here. A bunch of us went out for drinks. It was lonely without you, I miss you.
I just miss you. I miss you. I love you.
Love,
Corrine
January 30th 2063
Dear John,
Why didn't you write me back? I've been waiting. The other families got letters from your squad. I know the letters are sent together. Did you get my letter?
I'm panicking right now. Are you alive? Please be alive.
Corrine
March 24th 2063
Dear John,
I don't know why I even bother writing this.
Do you even care anymore? Your last letter said crap all in it.
I met someone else.
I'm sorry. I can't anymore. Take care.
Corrine
No comments:
Post a Comment